It’s the start of exam week here on the blog.
I’m going to be slightly less prolific this week as I direct the bulk of my energy towards passing my exams and turning in term papers. Here is a short list of the things that I’m currently juggling.
- School – three exams, two paper.
- My thesis – technically in school but also such a huge learning experience.
- My internship – a first look at life as a French employee
- My relationship – well into our second year together, and thinking about adopting a pet!
- My family – my father visits at the end of exams and we’re gearing up for a full family visit in August.
- My friend family – mostly based in Paris now, with a few very important if also far-flung members, working to nurture our relationships and grow together.
- My applications – there’s a lot of exciting stuff going on that isn’t ready for the blog just yet, but I have interviewed for something, so we’ll see.
- My volunteering – two big organisations are getting in gear, and I’m just about to work one of our biggest events of the year.
- Apartment hunting – we may have to move at the end of the summer, yikes!
- My health – why is this at the end of the list? I’ve had a really visceral reaction to stress lately and it’s taking a toll. I’m trying to take better care of myself in this moment of tension.
- All of my other goals!
There’s a lot going on, and I’ve taken a few hits this past week with some dramatic changes – an exam bumped up by 2 weeks, some deliverables that turned out to be a lot more complex than originally forecasted – but I’m trying to keep all these spinning plates in the air, even when it feels like they’re going to come crashing down.